What makes Jane Iredale makeup different?
Jane Iredale all started over 20 years ago with an inspirational and pioneering woman, named Jane Iredale. Jane was a casting director in LA and although she was born in England, moved over to the US in her 30s. In her career as a casting director Jane saw models, actresses and a vast collection of beautiful and glamorous women but they all had one thing in common – bad skin.
The cause for this bad skin? Bad makeup. Jane was seeing inflammation, breakouts, dehydration, excess oil, and all other manner of skin concerns and the one thing that they all had in common was the same comodegenic makeup. Filled with talcum powder, mineral oil, lanolin and cheap fillers. What Jane discovered was that even the so called ‘expensive and luxury makeup brands’ were using the same cheap fillers and making a big profit because of the brand name they had built up.
Jane, however, had other plans! She launched Jane Iredale makeup, which was the first 100% mineral makeup line that was clean, natural and a SKINCARE MAKEUP. It treated the skin and its underlying concerns as well as giving great coverage, colour and complexion.
Jane Iredale makeup has now grown and is disturbed in 50 countries worldwide and contains the highest grade of minerals with no chemicals or sensitizers, as well as rich pigment and all products are multifunctional.
The Jane Iredale difference can be described in 10 basic points:
- Multifunctional – all products can be used in at least two ways with the majority being used in up to 4 different ways. All foundations for example act as a concealer, foundation, sunscreen and have active skincare benefits. This makes the makeup not only cost effective but also great for busy clients or those that don’t want to be using too many products.
- Broad Spectrum SPF – all products contain Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide to give a Broad-Spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Seven of the Jane Iredale products have earned the Skin Cancer Foundation badge for sun protection as well.
5. Minimum allergy risk – Jane Iredale voluntary test the products for irritancy and sensitivity test using human repeat insult patch testing. There are no chemicals, dyes, perfumes or sensitizers or skin irritants in ANY of the products. All products are dermatologically tested, non-irritating tested, allergy tested and hypoallergenic
6. Coverage – all Jane Iredale products contain pure mineral pigment with no fillers such as talc. All the foundations and concealers give exceptional coverage that requires minimal touch-ups.
10. Quality – Jane Iredale use the highest quality mineral ingredients that ensure durability, coverage and easy application and texture. The range of products incorporate vitamins and antioxidants which are pharmaceutical grade and certified organic when possible.
BONUS – Anti-Bacterial! – Jane Iredale conducted exhaustive Stability testing and Preservative Efficacy Testing. When their Pure Pressed Powder was tested in a lab over a 21-day period they introduced eight types of bacteria, two types of yeast and three types of mould – the results showed no microbial activity was detectable. WOW!
Wishing you happy and healthy skin from Ms. Glow X