What supplements should I be taking if I have Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition which principally affects the face and neck. Rosacea worsens with time if left untreated – so always check it out early if you think you might have it. Rosacea causes facial redness and produces small, red, pus-filled bumps (this is the important part – most of us have redness and we then think we have Rosacea however you need the bumps for it to officially be Rosacea). Rosacea is more common among fair-skinned people in northern Europe (hey that’s us the UK!) However, it is found in Asia and the Middle East. It is often triggered by lifestyle however the causes are not fully understood yet. Some believe that it’s genetic, others said because of diet or alcohol consumption. Others because of the environment and the pollutants we are now in contact with on a daily basis, others say stress and the list goes on and on.
Basically, the cause is unknown however it treatable! Once you have Rosacea though, you will never fully get rid of it, only manage the symptoms.
What supplements can I take to manage my Rosacea?
When it comes to supplements from the Advanced Nutrition Programme, I would recommend Skin Accumax and Skin Vit C. Both are great supplements in their own right however combined, they really make a powerhouse for treating Rosacea.
Normally a supplement recommended for acne prone skin however one of the causes of Rosacea is the over production of helicobacter pylori bacteria (bacteria for those of us that speak English). And this causes the chronic inflammation that is symptomatic of Rosacea. Skin Accumax helps to treat this by
- Reducing oil production
- Reducing excess skin cell production
- Anti-inflammatory – calming
- Supports skin immunity – great for redness
- Encourages liver detox – even better for redness!
The active ingredients contained within Skin Accumax are
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- DIM extract – from broccoli
How to use - I would take 2 capsules twice a day for 14 weeks and the results that you will see will be amazing!
Skin Vit C
Skin Vit C, this supplement is a little unsung hero in my opinion. All my clients always say to me, “I already take vitamin C” well not like this one you don’t! I encourage you to take a look at the back of your supplement packet and look at the mg of Vitamin C – The Advanced Nutrition Programme supplement is 500mg, what’s yours?
Skin Vit C
- Photo protective – protects against the sun
- Stimulates collagen – anti-ageing
- Reduces redness and calm inflammation
- Vaso-protection – stops dilated and burst capillaries which causes long term redness.
- Vitamin C (500mg)
- Hesperidin (a bioflavonoid that is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory – found in oranges, grapefruit and lemon_
- Rutin (powerful antioxidant – very high in apples)
- Bioflavonoids (antioxidants)
- Rose Hip
Wishing you happy and healthy skin, Ms. Glow X